Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Premier Jour a Paris

I truly can't believe how lucky I am to be living in Paris for the summer!! My apartment is in the 16th arrondisement of Paris. This quarter is found in the southeast part of France. I can actually see the Eiffel Tower from my bedroom window balcony. What a dream.
I met most of the family today. The mom, Jean-Laure, the dad, and the two girls, Phillipine and Charlotte. Charlotte is 18 and Phillipine is 16. Charlotte is staying with me for the night, while her family leaves for a long weekend at their country home. Charlotte will leave in the morning to join them.
The apartment is an old beautiful building and the family lives on the fourth floor. That was a lot of steps to carry up my two suitcases! There is the kitchen, the living room, the dining room and the parents bedroom on the main floor. There is a small spiral staircase that winds up to the second floor of the apartment where all the kid's bedrooms are found. Phillipine gave up her room for me for the summer (how wonderful of her) and it is absolutely perfect! Tons of closet space, a desk, a bed and they even have wireless.
The weather is a bit chillier than I expected, but I'm glad I brought enough clothes to layer. I am waiting for Charlotte to return and then she and I are going to walk around the quartier for a bit. She will show me where I can buy groceries and where to find the metro.
At 19h, I am meeting up with the other students on the program to go out to dinner. It is Michael's 20th birthday and he wants to celebrate his birthday and our first night in Paris! I think we are going to head to a cafe near Notre Dame in the Latin Quarter. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment